National History Bowl
The National History Bowl is a fun team-based buzzer activity that history lovers can use to practice with a buzzer, fundraise, compete against other schools and best of all, learn more about history! Teams of students go head-to-head answering social studies questions read aloud!
Format / Rules
Two teams of four students each attempt to score more points than their opponent over the course of four quarters of social studies questions read aloud and answered with a buzzer system. All National History Bowl rounds use the Official NHBB Rules.
Interested in your school becoming an official host site for the National History Bowl Regional? Send us an email!
The National History Bowl's 2018 National Championship (Middle School Division) date TBD. Each team at the National Championship participates in preliminary rounds of competition against teams from all across the United States. If you or your students enjoyed Regionals, organize a team for Nationals!
Eligibility / Qualifications
- Participants must NOT have completed the 8th grade by September 1, 2017.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States.
- All participants from a single team must attend the same school.
- Team rosters must contain three, four, or five total participants.
- All participating teams compete in the same Middle School Division of the National History Bowl.
- There are no qualification requirements for teams to participate in the National Championship.