- Stage 1
- Stage 2
- Stage 3
The National History Bee starts in the classroom. Sponsors can choose from a variety of optional Classroom Stage activities to determine which students will take the Online Exam. Activities include an Intramural Bee and the National History Bowl.
Qualifiers and Champions are invited to compete in the National Finals. The weekend of National Finals contains additional side competitions and activities for the whole family!
Questions are written and edited by history teachers, professors, and other social studies educators from around the United States. Question content is split evenly between United States and non-United States history and is generally relevant to 5th through 8th grade social studies curricula. Students can prepare by reviewing the official Study Guides and utilizing other Classroom Stage activities.
Eligibility / Divisions
- Participants must NOT have completed the 8th grade by September 1, 2016.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Participants compete in the following divisions:
|2016-2017 National History Bee (Middle Grade) Divisions|
|Eighth Grade Division (8th Grade)|
|Seventh Grade Division (7th Grade)|
|Elementary Division (4th - 6th Grade)|
Registration / Fees
- The registration deadline is December 18, 2016.
- Sponsors are the adults responsible for each registration. More info at Sponsor Home.
- Sponsors register by submitting the Online Form or the Paper Form.
- The registration fee relates to the number of students participating in the Online Exam:
|Registration Type||Fee||Sponsor administers Online Exam:|
|Individual Registration||$25||to 1 student|
|Classroom Registration||$100||to a maximum of 10 students|
|School Registration||$250||to a maximum of 100 students|
Homeschooled students participate for FREE!